Powered By Blogger

Friday, May 4, 2012

How to get a raise

You look like you could use a joke, all the way from here!
So here goes ... as stolen from the internet and my mother-in-law (of all people) forwarding it to me ... I present to you:

"How To Get A Raise"

Employee: "Excuse me sir, may I talk to you?"
Boss: "Sure, come on in. What can I do for you?

Employee: "Well sir, as you know, I have been an employee of this prestigious firm for over ten years."
Boss: "Yes."

Employee: "I won't beat around the bush. Sir, I would like a raise. I currently have four companies after me and so I decided to talk to you first."
Boss: "A raise? I would love to give you a raise, but this is just not the right time."

Employee: "I understand your position, and I know that the current economic down turn has had a negative impact on sales, but you must also take into consideration my hard work, pro-activeness and loyalty to this company for over a decade."
Boss: "Taking into account these factors, and considering I don't want to start a brain drain, I'm willing to offer you a ten percent raise and an extra five days of vacation time. How does that sound?"

Employee: "Great! It's a deal! Thank you sir!"
Boss: "Before you go, just out of curiosity, what companies were after you?"

Employee: "Oh, the Electric Company, Gas Company, Water Company and the Mortgage Company!"

Hiyoooo!

Thanks for stopping by today- if you're new here, I extend you a hearty welcome!
Check out some of my many archives posted over on the right side of the page.


If you're a "regular", thanks for checking in. More resume humor all around next week!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment