Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

This is funny shit

Normally I bitch and moan about how oppressed I feel because of my obligation to sift through the mounds of absolute CRAP that flood my inbox.

Not today!

Today I'm going to talk about a GOOD experience I had with a job seeker, 2 weeks ago.

"Rich" caught my attention by one little line, hidden away on his resume that made me bust out laughing and immediately think "I've GOT to call this guy".

The *magical line* was underneath the business name and explanation that he was a "Third generation operator of family flooring firm."

Here it is; this is what caught my attention:

"Relinquished control when father decided he was going to live forever!"

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
That's just awesome.
Perhaps more so to me because I come from a long line of multi-generational, family businesses.


I decided right then and there, I want us to work with someone like this- someone with a sense of humor but not over the top on the scale o' weirdness.


So I contacted him.
Left a message, then emailed him.

I even went so far as to mention to him in the email that I thought that particular line on his resume was great!

He replied almost immediately ... thanked me for the comment and said "That's a conversation to be had over very strong alcoholic drinks, to be certain!"

Again ...
AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!



The moral of the story is: it's okay to have a sense of humor people. While most recruiters might not have noticed this one line, buried down towards the bottom of the page, I'm glad I did. Turns out we weren't the best fit together background-wise, but we had a great banter back and forth.
And that kind of an experience almost makes my job worth all the junk I sludge through.

Almost.


No comments:

Post a Comment