Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 26, 2012

What were YOU doing in 1976??


Ahhhh 1976.
A fine year eh?

Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak launched Apple Computer Company.

Captain and Tennille celebrated their Album of the Year Win with “Love Will Keep Us Together”



Gerald Ford was President  

(yawn)

Charlies Angels and the Bionic Woman were the most popular TV shows hands down.




And possibly most importantly… VHS was launched!



Yep, it was a fine time to be a 4 year old.


(Yes, this is actually me at age 4 with my sweet puppy Panda- we called her that because she had a big brown spot on her cute little rump- not seen in pic. Why we were hanging out in a wood pile I don't really know, but I'm sure if I asked my parents there would be a very memorable story behind it. Perhaps involving snakes and the resolution to never do a photo shoot on top of a wood pile again.)

1976 was also kind of a big deal for our country because we celebrated the Bicentennial (which was the 200th anniversary of the adoption of the Declaration of Independence for you Generation Y'ers that have no idea what the HELL I'm talking about). I distinctly remember getting some lame penny holding thing from our neighborhood bank that I held onto for much longer than I care to admit. 


So between obsessing over my fancy penny collection and ripping up and down the sidewalk on my Big Wheel, life was good.



Possibly not as good as the job candidate I got yesterday though, who made THIS the highlight of her resume:

Graduated __________ High School 1976
Got “Best Dressed”


Really?
This sent me into a shit fit of giggles...I've never seen this before and hope to never see it again.

Regardless....





No comments:

Post a Comment